Total Restoration Services - Vernon is a full service restoration company specializing in floods, fires, sewage back-ups, storm damage, vehicle impact damage, B&E damage and reconstruction services. We take great pride in our superior customer service and providing quality work in a timely and efficient manner.
Why work for us?
- Full-time work
- Competitive wages
- Overtime pay
- Vacation pay
- Extended health benefits package
- Cell phone or allowance (after probationary period)
- Work clothing
- Fun and family like work environment
- Our team is awesome!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide up to date communication and photos to management of job site status
- Maintain inventory of material used on job sites
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction throughout the project.
- Updates all parties involved relative to work progress.
- Site preparation and protection
- Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or dolly or shoulder straps provided
- Wraps furniture with blankets to prevent damage.
- Pads, stacks, and secures items in position on truck/trailer to prevent damage during transport
- Packing and moving delicate items
- Assist with demolition of non-restorable material
- Set-up and installation of air movement equipment and portable dehumidification equipment.
- Work within an On Call rotation for after hours emergencies
- Ensures that the health and safety policies and procedures are followed
- Ensures project requirements are being fulfilled and deadlines are achieved.
- Facilitate prompt and quality service
- Detail orientated
- Work in a team or individually
- Able to lift heavy items
- Work 40 hours per week and overtime when required
- Cleaning up properly after a job and maintaining good housekeeping habits during the project.
- Submit photographs for loading onto on-line filing system
- Action personal performance and appearance consistent with company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Experience in site preparation and protection
- Experience in furniture and contents packing and moving
- Experience in the restoration industry is considered beneficial
- Ability to drive a 1-5 ton truck
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence and reliable transportation
- Satisfactory driver abstract is required.
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of furniture and equipment handling industry-accepted procedures
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Superior customer service skills
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Must be capable of completing physical work including frequent heavy lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, standing, crouching, sitting, bending and repetitive movements.
- Demonstrates corporate citizenship and social responsibility
If this is you and you want to be part of this great team, we definitely want to hear from you!
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with a brief description of why you think you would be the best candidate for this position. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.